Be part of a prospective teacher's journey by contributing your knowledge and experience to them in the 2020 edition of the Job Search Handbook for Educators. Each year, the Job Search Handbook (JSH) falls into the hands of thousands of prospective educators preparing to enter the profession. Our JSH is designed to act as a guide as they enter the world of teaching.
We invite you to be part of this journey by submitting an article for publication in the 2020 AAEE Job Search Handbook for Educators!
The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 15, 2019.
We are currently seeking articles related to the following topics:
- Employment applications, cover letters, resumes, and professional references
- Networking, professional appearance, and social media
- Portfolios and interview skills
- Traditional and non-traditional employment options
- Equity, diversity, and cultural competence
- Skills, salary, and the demand for educators
- The positives of entering the teaching profession
- Other topics which may be relevant to pre-service educators, recent graduates, and others interested in PK-12 teaching careers
We welcome data-supported articles that are written in a conversational format. To-Do Lists, Top Ten Lists, FAQs, and/or quizzes are all excellent formats for JSH articles. Think about how you would present this information to prospective educators if you were addressing them in person.
We hope you will consider being part of this wonderful publication that reaches and impacts thousands of prospective teachers each year. If you would like to submit your article, upload the information to our Google Doc. Find out more about our JSH by visiting the Job Search Handbook tab on our website.