5. I need to ship materials for the career fair/conference, where do I send it?
1. Who should attend this year's events?
Our annual conference covers professional development and networking opportunities for professionals from: career services, Colleges of Education, academic advising, K-12 recruitment, school system administration, non-profit and for-profit education-related organizations, and state departments of education.
2. I have registered for the conference, does that also include a table at the Education Career Fair?
Each event is separate, so you will need to register for the conference and career fair individually.
Hyatt Regency Louisville
320 W Jefferson St.
Louisville, KY 40202
The Career Fair is located at the:
Louisville Downtown Marriott
280 W Jefferson St.
Louisville, KY, 40202
4. Why is the Fair at the Marriott and not at the Conference Location?
We are co-sponsoring the 2020 AAEE Fair with the national education honorary, Kappa Delta Pi (KDP). Because KDP’s conference venue is the Louisville Downtown Marriott, the AAEE fair will be held there to make it as easy as possible for KDP’s future educators to attend the fair.
We have requested the shipping information from our hotel partner, and will send out an announcement after we receive confirmation. Be sure to monitor your email for AAEE Conference messages.
7. Should I bring business cards? – Bring lots! We’ll be doing a networking event Wednesday and throughout the conference it is common practice to exchange business cards. Building professional relationships is an intentional goal of our AAEE conferences!
9. Come prepared for the Silent Auction – The silent auction is held to raise funds for the Janice S. Jones Scholarship Fund. Each year, AAEE presents 1 or more scholarships, depending on the monies raised throughout the year, to students. If you would like to make a donation to the scholarship fund, please contact us!
We have lots of great items on the Silent Auction. Come with your checkbook or cash. Last year, some attendees asked if they could bring item donations FOR the auction. Yes! If interested in donating an item, please contact Kaitlyn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. I am unable to attend the conference and/or career fair, can I receive a refund?
Refund Policy: All refunds must be requested in writing. A $50 cancellation administration fee will be deducted from all refunds. Refund policy is based on day written cancellation is received. In addition to the $50 cancellation administration fee, the following refund policy applies: October 2, 2020 and before: 100% refund minus $50; October 3, 2020 - October 26, 2020: 50% refund minus $50; October 27, 2020 and after: no refunds. Refunds will be processed after November 10, 2020.