The St. Joseph, MO School District is currently accepting applications for Spanish Teachers for the 2020-2021. We have two openings in our middle schools.
Please apply through our district website: https://stjoe.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Qualifications: Required: Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a valid Missouri teaching certificate in subject area. Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Spanish. Previous experience.
Purpose: The duties of a Spanish language teacher include creating lesson plans, preparing classroom activities, organizing teaching materials, evaluating student performance, maintaining classroom records, meeting with parents, teachers and other professionals. The goal of a Spanish language teacher to use a variety of teaching tools for the purpose of teaching students to read, write, and speak Spanish. A Spanish language teacher may be expected to teach at many different levels of proficiency, so fluency in Spanish is necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend work in a regular, reliable and punctual manner.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conductive to effective learning.
- Develop lesson plans that meet individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Prepare and administrate subject/topical specific tests and labs to assist with student learning.
- Conduct appropriate assessment of students’ work and maintain accurate and regular data on attendance and grades.
- Professionally represent the school and the district in interactions with parent’s, community, staff and students; facilitate meetings with parents and students as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with department and team members to meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, curriculum and instructional methods, as well as address and resolve student issues.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, lab supplies and other instructional material.
- Other assigned duties.
Employee Behavior and Conduct: District employees shall conduct themselves in a professional manner and shall exhibit and extend such professional conduct appropriate for the circumstances to those with whom they come into contact, both internally and externally during the performance of their duties. Examples of professional conduct include, but are not limited to, being communicative, informative, fair, honest, and respectful.
The St. Joseph School District (SJSD) is the third largest employer in St. Joseph, Missouri, employing close to 2000 people, of which approximately 1000 are certified teachers. Each day, the St. Joseph School District educates nearly 11,300 students for success. Currently, these students attend school at three high schools (grades 9-12), four middle schools (grades 7-8), 14 elementary schools (grades K-6), one technical school and one alternative school. Early Childhood/Preschool services are available in nine buildings. Please visit the St. Joseph School District website for more information about all available programs and services: http://www.sjsd.k12.mo.us/.