Frederick County Public Schools (MD)
Teach in Frederick County: Returning Home
To support Frederick County Public School's Strategic Plan, specifically the Aspirational Goal that FCPS will hire, support, and retain staff who champion individual, professional, and student excellence, we would like to host an event to inform and encourage students to enter the field of education. We would host a virtual event geared to high school students to inform them of programs within FCPS, such as the Teacher Academy of Maryland housed in our Career and Tech Center (https://sites.google.com/my.fcps.org/tam/home), Child Development coursework, Educators Rising Clubs, etc. Middle school students could be considered depending on participation or teacher referral. We would invite colleges and universities with whom we have developed partnerships with to share their different education programs.
Specific goals would be to:
- Enhance and maintain relationships with our students, specifically those interested in the teaching profession.
- Increase the number of applicants we have in our teacher pipelines.
- Inform students of different programs in FCPS that would support their choice of teaching as a profession.
- Give students access to staff from the different college/university teacher programs that FCPS has partnered with so that they may make informed decisions about choosing which college/university to attend.
- Increase the diversity in our certificated staff.
FCPS already hosts Become an Educator events. Our own support staff as well as the greater community are invited. This would allow us to expand our audience to more students.