The latest news from AAEE
School/District Recruiters and Career Services Coach/Counselors enhance your outreach, strengthen your recruitment connections, and obtain Best Practices for the education industry.
Attend the 2016 AAEE Conference and Career Fair in Nashville, Tennessee!
10. Location, location, location! Nashville is filled with historic, cultural and musical attractions. Explore all there is to do in Nashville and start making your plans now to attend an event or concert at the Ryman Auditorium,The Grand Ole Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame, or the NashvilleParthenon!
9. Exhibitors available to share great ideas and products.
8. Receive the latest Educator Supply and Demand Report.
7. Substantial program with Breakout Sessions covering innovative ways to prepare, recruit, and retain teachers - see full schedule @ www.aaee.org
6. Keynoters like Dr. Sharon Roberts and Dr. Barbara S. Stengel who will load us up with relevant information and inspiration to do our jobs better!
5. Entertainment, Fun, and Food: Get ready to hear Kellye Cash (great niece to Johnny Cash) as AAEE Goes to the Opry, and participate in the fun Giveaways, The Game Show, and the Night on the Town with colleagues from across the U.S. and some international locations.
4. The annual Education Career Fair, coordinated with Vanderbilt University in the Nashville region.
3. Opportunities to network during our famous Give-Me Five Speed Networking Event as well as throughout the conference with colleagues from across the U.S. With your expanded network you'll be prepared to connect candidates with openings throughout the year!
2. The beautiful amenities and charm of the Double Tree by Hilton Downtown Nashville Hotel in the heart of Nashville by the Honky Tonks and other great tourist attractions!
1. Because there are way more than 10 reasons to attend the 2016 AAEE Conference and Education Career Fair!!
For more info:
Conference | Education Career Fair
Derek Jack, Brigham Young University, firstname.lastname@example.org; Jeff Mayo, Arlington Community Schools, email@example.com; or
Jeff Henley, Vanderbilt University, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the print version of the Top 10 Reasons Flyer
It’s been months in the making and countless hours of writing, editing, design and production and now the 2017 Job Search Handbook (JSH) is finished and pre-sale orders are making their journey to AAEE members across the country. Soon they will be in the eager hands of teacher candidates ready to conquer the world of education in their own unique ways.
As the 51st Annual edition, the Job Search Handbook is not a new concept; however, each year great strides are made to keep the content fresh and current, and this year is no exception. In the 2017 JSH readers will find a layout with a more workbook approach including articles on topics ranging from: effective resume writing; developing your personal commercial; how to use technology to your advantage throughout your career; the art of saying no while still being successful; plus sections to make notes on important ideas. There are also 30 advertisements from school districts and organizations welcoming you to explore their opportunities, career fairs and services. We are also excited that all 80+ pages are in full color, bringing an extra sense of vibrancy and freshness. To preview the 2017 Job Search Handbook or order your copies, please visit: aaee.org/job-search-handbooks.
AAEE applauds the Job Search Handbook Editorial Committee including Diana Sanchez from the University of California at San Marcos, Dr. Rebecca Faber from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln and Dr. Dawn Scheffner Jones from Northern Illinois University. Together they worked tirelessly to ensure a robust publication with information pertinent to the success of all educators. Thank you for your efforts!
AAEE also thanks our publisher, Mike Schlegel and his team at Wizard Media Solutions (American Web),for their commitment to quality and dedication to excellent customer service. Here is a brief look behind the scenes at the production of the 2017 JSH:
Early bird discount for AAEE members ends August 31, 2016.Register for the 83rd Annual AAEE Conference today!
AAEE looks forward to this year's annual conference in beautiful Nashville, Tennessee. We invite you to join usNovember 13-15, at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Nashville Downtown for an event filled with engaging speakers, relevant break-out sessions, networking opportunities, and lots of fun. Whether this will be your first AAEE conference or you are a veteran annual conference attendee, we know that your experience at the 2016 conference will be a memorable one.
This year's theme, Setting the Stage for Success, thoughtfully blends our conference goal with our surroundings in the heart of Nashville. This city offers endless inspiration from the Country Music Hall of Fame to the Grand Ole Opry, the Broadway honky-tonks
to the historical replica of the Parthenon- encouraging exploration at every corner.
We look forward to seeing you in Nashville!
Full Conference:$350 (Early-Bird Member Pricing before 8/31/16)
$395 Member pricing after 08/31/16
Monday One Day:$250 Member
Extra Tickets for Guests of Registrants:Sunday Evening Grand Opening Welcome Reception: $65
Monday Luncheon: $45
Help us ensure the success of our 83rd Annual Conference and Job Fair by becoming a sponsor or exhibitor! Your conference sponsorship allows AAEE to provide enhanced programs and services for conference attendees without increasing the cost to our members.
Please submit your sponsorship registration online at: http://aaee.org/event-2134141
Sponsorship Application Deadline: September 1, 2016
Congratulations to Analesa Zimmerman, recipient of the 2016 Janice Jones Scholarship, an award of $800.
Analesa is a native of Portland, Oregon. She received her BA in Romance Languages from the University of Oregon, an MA in Spanish from Portland State University, and is currently completing her Master in Teaching from Lewis and Clark College. She will graduate in Spring 2016 with her MAT in Early Childhood and Elementary Education and ESOL and bilingual endorsements. Prior to beginning her studies at Lewis and Clark, Analesa received a Fulbright grant to Mexico as an English Teaching Assistant. She hopes to work in the Portland area as a dual immersion teacher in the 2016-2017 school year.
Thank you to all of the candidates from our AAEE-member universities for submitting an application. With an exceptionally high number of candidates, our 2016 Scholarship Selection Committee faced a challenging task. We wish all of you the best in your teaching endeavors--we know you will uphold the tradition of excellence represented by the Scholarship and AAEE.
Participate as a presenter at this year's AAEE Conference in Nashville, TN!
AAEE Members receive many benefits, including access to our exclusive Members' Portal with discounts on Job Search Handbooks, complimentary resources and much more.
UPDATING YOUR PROFILE
Step 1: Navigate To Login Page
Step 2: Login
Step 3: Click on your name in the top right corner of any page
Step 4: Click on Edit Profile and make any necessary edits; be sure to save your changes
ADDING A BUNDLE MEMBER (Institutional-Level Memberships)
Step 1: From your profile, click on Add Member
Step 2: Complete necessary information and be sure to save changes. As an Institutional Level member you are not limited to the amount of bundled members, so please include all colleagues who can benefit from AAEE newsletters and online resources.
REMOVING A BUNDLE MEMBER (Institutional-Level Memberships)
Step 1: From your profile, click on the name of the member you'd like to remove
Step 2: Once on their info page, choose "Archive" in the top center to remove them. Note: You can also edit their information on this page, if that's appropriate.
Welcome to the new home of AAEE! The past 6 months, the American Association for Employment in Education has been rebuilding our website and developing an infrastructure to expand our member services. With new leadership and upgraded technology, we are proud to be able to offer our visitors and members a new and more rich online experience.
Members can now:
· log in to their account and make necessary changes;
· pay membership dues;
· purchase the Job Search Handbook for Educators;
· download a complimentary Supply & Demand Report;
· submit their job fair info and view their colleagues' job fair listings;
· network directly with other AAEE members.
Coming Soon! On Monday, February 15, we will launch our AAEE Job Board—a recruitment service exclusively for our member organizations. AAEE employers may post job vacancies and candidates from our university member institutions may register, search and apply for positions. Stay tuned for additional updates.
Thank you for all your support during our transitional period!
©AAEE 2019, All Rights Reserved American Association for Employment in Education is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Invest in our community of educators, donate to AAEE today!